Framework : Eukaryogenesis and Evolution
Above scenario partially adapted from Devos et al. and Yutin et al.
c. Infection from a Giant DNA Virusd. Plasma membrane invaginations in the pre-eukaryocyte. (shown above)
7. Eukaryotic Cilia and Flagella arose from one of the two currently proposed scenarios:B. Endosymbiosis of spirochete
8. Vaults genes arose from metalic toxicity resistance genes in prokaryotes .
9. DNA transposons contributed to gene acquisitions through transfer events involving NCLDVs.
10. Bacterial symbioses and viral infections played a role in the radiation of the eukaryotic phylums.
11. The root of LECA (last eukaryotic common ancestor) is probably between the Diphyllatia and Breviatea phyllums.
12. Anaerobic Eukaryotes Utilzing Iron and Magnesium evolved prior to Aerobic Cells utilizing Oxygen, Zinc, and Copper.
13. The origin of LECA is within the Archaea phylogenetic tree and is consistent with the Eocyte Hypothesis. The closest sister group is currently Korarchaea
updated on 12/26/2012 ©1994-2012 Foster P. Carr MD all rights reserved